Winter will be here before we know it, unfortunately.
Below are some tips for getting your home ready for winter.
1. Inspect and clean gutters and downspouts. Make sure those Fall leaves get out of the gutters.
2. Seal gaps and cracks around windows and doors with weather-stripping and caulk.
3. Inspect your roof for damaged or curled shingles, corroded flashing, or leaky vents.
4. Take steps to repair damaged sidewalks, driveways, and steps.
5. Drain and winterize outdoor faucets and irrigation systems.
6. Clean or replace dirty furnace filters, if needed have your heating system cleaned and checked so you stay warm all winter.
7. Check fireplaces for soot or creosote build-up. Better yet, schedule a visit from a reputable chimney sweep.
8. Clean the plates or pads to ensure efficient operation of your humidifier(s).
9. Test smoke and CO monitors, inspect (or install) fire extinguishers, review fire escape plans, and rid your home of old newspapers and other fire hazards.
If you are looking to buy or sell or know someone that is, we always love referrals.
When it is something this important don't sell yourself short, we won't.
Amie & Loris, Your Local Real Estate Team